Rev. Winn Henderson M.D. is a retired physician with over 20 years of clinical experience. He is the author or co-author of 43 books including The Cure of Addiction, The Four Questions, Share Your Mission, The Deposition, The Secret to Happiness, The 12 Steps: A Recovery Program Explained and Revised, The Secret to Happiness, Freedom From Addiction, Freedom From Addiction II, and most recently Freedom From Addiction 3.
For the last 40+ years Dr. Henderson has been counseling both in person and by telephone clients from all over the world on issues of addiction and finding one’s purpose in life.
He is the host of a 17 year long running radio talk show: Share Your Mission which seeks to give examples of how having a life purpose brings happiness, contentment, joy, peace of mind, and success. Dr. Henderson’s mission in life is to help you find yours. Since 2016 the doctor has presented a podcast on iTunes entitled: Freedom From Addiction.
Dr. Henderson has quite a story to tell of his personal transformation in 1990 and how he reinvented himself. You can read the back story in Freedom From Addiction (2011).You can contact the doctor at 828-508-7981 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Undergraduate Studies: LaGrange College, LaGrange, Georgia. Dean’s List. 1964 1968, A.B.
- Graduate Studies: University of Alabama, School of Medicine, Birmingham, Ala. 1968 1972 M.D.
- Internship: Rotating O / Family Practice I, St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center, Dayton, Ohio 1972 1973.
- Residency: Aerospace Medicine, Brooks Air Force Base, Part 1 1973.
- Military Service: Major, USAF, 1973 1976, Honorable Discharge.
- Board Certification: American Board of Family Practice, 1977, 1983, American Board of Emergency Medicine, 1984
- Memberships: American Association of Christian Counselors (Charter)
Publications: (Partial List of 41)
- 1991 The Cure of Addiction
- 1993 Doctors Don’t Lie
- 1995 The 12 Steps (Explained and Revised)
- 1998 The Four Questions
- 2000 Share Your Mission, Vol. 1
- 2001 Share Your Mission, Vol.2
- 2002 The Sacrifice Diet
- 2002 Share Your Mission, Vol.3
- 2003 Wake Up…. Live The Life You Love ( #1 National Best Seller)
- 2003 Wake Up….Live The Life You Love (Purpose, Passion, Abundance)
- 2004 Wake Up….Live The Life You Love (Living on Purpose)
- 2004 The Deposition
- 2004 Recovering Your Lost Self From Adversity
- 2005 Share Your Mission, Vol.4
- 2005 Wake Up….Live The Life You Love (Gratitude)
- 2006 Feed The Hungry Diet
- 2007 Share Your Mission, Vol.5
- 2007 Wake Up, Live The Life You Love (A Search For Purpose)
- 2007 101 Ways To Increase Your Bottom Line
- 2007 The Secret To Happiness
- 2009 Wake Up, Live The Life You Love (Moments)
- 2009 How To Publish Your Next Book For Under $100
- 2009 Living In The Now
- 2010 Intimate Connections
- 2011 Freedom From Addiction
- 2014 Intimate Connections
- 2014 Freedom From Addiction II
- 2017 Freedom From Addiction 3
Appointments & Professional Experiences:
- 1976-1978 Courtesy Staff, UTMRCH, Knoxville, Tennessee, Clinical Instructor, Emergency Department
- 1978-1982 Staff Emergency Physician/Director of Emergency Physicians, Morristown Hamblen Morristown, TN
- 1982-1990 Federal Aviation Medical Examiner.
- 1983-1984 Staff Emergency Physician/Chairman, Emergency Department, St. Mary’s Medical Center, Knoxville, TN
- 1984-1985 Staff Emergency Physician, Methodist Medical Center, Oak Ridge, Tennessee
- 1985-1990 Director, East Tennessee Medical, Acute Care Clinic
- 1990-1992 Counseling (Addiction Medicine) and research:Kennedy Center, Morgantown, WVA
- 1992 Director, The Recovery Group, Sylva, N.C., Television, radio talk shows, public speaking, and seminars on the subject of addiction
- 1998-present Founded The Destiny House, Sylva, N.C. [ A mountain retreat dedicated to helping individuals discover the reason for their creation and developing a plan to fulfill their mission
- 1998-present Host and producer of the radio/internet interview talk show: Share Your Mission
- 1999-present U.S. Patent #5,976,505 – Method of Cryogenically Treating Psoriasis
- 2002-present Faculty of Unity Seminary, Fort Lauderdale, Fl.
- 2003-present Faculty of Fillmore Seminary, Fort Lauderdale, Fl.
- 2005-present Adjunct Faculty, Southwestern Community College, N.C.
- 1997-2006 Toast Masters, Past President
- 2006 Jackson County Visual Artist Association, President